Thursday, January 26, 2012

Defending Science Blog

I have this old blog Defending Science, Scientists, & Non-Scientists.

The name for the web-address, silkworm.wordpress.com, is based on a name that I used in many science related causes, Silkworm. I felt the name suited me in these efforts in regards to the sad existence of the bombyx mori through its history of human directed evolution via over-cultivation to fill the demand for fancy garments & frilly underwear. I admit that I have a complicated sense of humor.

I haven't been to the blog in years, but I'm happy with the work I did & feel that I achieved some real goals through it. When I went on hiatus I was presented much delightful evidence that I've helped shift the scientific community into a more active role with a successful diplomatic strategy by which to engage the public. Accounts were sent to me of people in other communities (including in other nations) who attended similar events following the lead I present on my blog & were successful.

I certainly could have done better, but I assure you that I continue to evolve.

I miss the good people who helped in these efforts & I thank them for it. Out of respect I won't name them here, but I will never forget them. As I get older it becomes more & more apparent to me how unfortunately rare such people are. It takes chutzpah to fight for truth in the courts of charlatans supported by hostile crowds which have already been misdirected to hate you & everything you stand for. I admire the courage & patience they mustered in traveling with this madman into the abyss.

My life took a rough turn as I went on hiatus. My health failed & I reached a point of physical & mental collapse. After several hard years, I feel better than ever now. I continue down a similar path, but one that exceeds the boundaries of the Defending Science & intend on having greater success.

No comments: